Saturday, February 14, 2015

December and January Didn't Happen.

     ...at least, not according to this blog.  
     I've been down with double pneumonia and pleurisy, which hurts like heck.  Thankfully, I'm back on the mend and today Hubby and I went to both shops in Johnson City, Tennessee where we have booths (Village West Antiques on West Market and Village Antiques on Sunset).
     Our booths in the larger store (Sunset) were looking really sparse.  If you have booths you know how important it is to work them regularly.  It's necessary to add items, "fluff" the look, rearrange items, etc.  In fact, it's essential to your survival in the business.  
     During my "down time", I've been cleaning and pricing (while keeping as quiet as possible) and it was time to get that merchandise into those booths!
     I also took time to work on some items that needed face lifts.  It was nice to get them turned around and out the door.  
     For example, I've had this wooden jewelry box in my pile of "face lifts to do" for well over a year.  Okay, closer to three years.  Hubby brought it home (he probably found it curbside) and it was dirty, white-ish and missing knobs.
     I cleaned it, found the knobs I needed (minus two) and gave it a distressed paint job.  Since I was still in need of two tiny knobs, I somehow found these two tiny porcelain roses and thought they made cute substitutes.
 

      The next is another jewelry box, much smaller but made of wood.  It was scratched and still had the wood finish on it.  I decided it would look cute all shabbied up.



     Old cameras are a popular sale and we (tried to) load the top two shelves of this baker's rack with vintage finds Hubby came home with the other night.  Some time between when I filled the racks with them and when I took this picture shoppers two of the cameras sold.

     Recognize this jewelry box?  :)














      (Below) A pair of iron plant/candle sconces



          Many people collect vintage salt and pepper shakers so they, too, are popular items to have in a booth.  These game bird shakers are rare; they won't last long.
      Not as rare but awfully cute are these duck shakers:


      And, of course, the roosters are part of the barnyard.



If you want to see some of our other items, click the link on the right to our Facebook page.

Bye for now.  Keep healthy.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sher!!!
    I do follow you on facebook...thanks for leaving me a comment. Are you going to add the follower gadget on your blogso that I can follow you? Hope so!
    Also hope you had a nice Valentine's day! Enjoyed seeing all the goodies you have for sale!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! I'm hoping to get my blogging back on again!

      Delete