Saturday, February 21, 2015

Tired of Snow?

We certainly are and we in Tennessee probably have only a fraction of our northern neighbors.

It's supposed to melt off today and cause flooding.  Then it begins again.

This second pictures used to be my flower garden.  

More of what used to be my garden.  Come Spring there will be splashes of yellows, reds and greens.

     Meanwhile, I'll stay warm inside, scratching away at the after-effects of my meds while simultaneously cleaning, re-doing and pricing things for the shops.

    I've had this tan shelf forever.  Not real pretty but functional for display.  It hopped in the van with us the other day, yelling and screaming for a face lift.  I, of course, had to oblige.



       I gave it a blue paint job, a little whitewash and a light sanding to reveal the old tannish color.  It's still not a beauty but it does have a fresher look.  
     My plans today were to make it to the Bristol Shop before it opened.  So much for the plans of Mice and Men...   I was awake from 2:00 to 4:00 (scratch, scratch), went back to bed and slept until almost 9:00.  I still have lots to price AND it's still snowing.  
       This wooden breadbox will go with me.  The little sugar and creamer bunny set (aren't they just 'way too cute?) is already there, just waiting to be seen and loved in a new home.
     The little shelf below is actually an old drawer I found at Bargain Hunters Flea Market in Bristol (yes, we have booths in there, too!).  I added a little wallpaper to the back, a quick paint around the edges and a hanger on the back.  I'm planning on keeping it for display only but will put a higher price on it (in case someone loves it as much as I do). 
     
           I love this little chalk bunny-under-glass and the vintage sugar bowl.  Too bad it doesn't have a lid but it still has use as a vase, etc.  
     Glory be!  It has stopped snowing and I'm now I'm back to pricing!  See you later!


No comments:

Post a Comment